Arsa is a kind of sweet dish which is made on the occasion of marriage, religious functions, festival etc. It is one of the popular dishes of Uttarakhand which is made of Rice flour (Chawal ka atta), cups Butter Oil (Ghee).
How to make Arsa ?
1. Jaggery ( Gur )
3. Water to make dough
- Soak the rice into water for at three to four hours. Drain out the water and make them dry to grind . Grind it until it becomes the fine powder.
- Make syrup of Jaggery and mix rice powder in it to make dough.
- Make medium size balls of the mixture.
- Heat oil in frying pan to fry (deep fry) the balls.
- Take out the balls in paper to soak up extra oil
- Serve hot.